More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth PowerTrac Elliptical (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112 degree) than competitors versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
Its like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or Power Zone, between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face to take advantage of your body's natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the Recovery Zone (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the Power Zone, while pedaling is easier during the Recovery Zone so you maintain momentum.
Wolf Tooth patented Drop-Stop wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud-shedding ability.
- Easton Cinch cranksets including (EC90SL)
- 3mm offset provides optimal chainline for CX and Road
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- Chainline 47mm
- Mount type: Direct Mount for Easton/Race Face Cinch
- Chain Compatibility: Drop-Stop B tooth profile for all 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd SRAM Eagle, KMC, Connex or Wippermann, Campagnolo, and SRAM Flattop AXS chains-